Sunday 29 August 2010

Successful Palace Tour

Hi everyone, as you know the past fortnight we have had some special tours for ICI.  The first one being held by our interns for our ICI Members.  This was held at Deoksu Palace, on this day the weather was surprisingly clear.

The interns, who, at that time, were almost finished their internship, did a great job of showing everyone around, even though some members unfortunately couldn't make it.

We also had some special volunteer tours at Deoksu Palace and Changgyeong Palace. I personally had Mariestory classes on those days, but I heard that the classes went excellently, here is a message that I received from one of the people that were lucky enough to go along

"Dear Logan and ICI,
First and foremost, I would like to thank ICI, Logan and two very nice tour guiders for two tours all of you arranged for me and two Indonesian friends. Actually, I have to say that we could not expect that the tours was run very well and two tour guiders helped us a lot to understand about not only Korean history but also Korean culture. We just only thought that there were someone would take us visiting around two palaces and talked bla bla bla. In contrast, your logistic activities and liaison were done very well and two tour guiders could speak English fluently and answered every questions we posed. We have to say that we felt we were going with our__amily members and professional tour guiders, not volunteers at all.

To be honest, I am sure that I will continue to beg for your assistance for some future tours and would you please to update tour information for me. Please send me any news you plan to carry out in the future. It's my great honor and pleasure to know your tour activities.

Once again, thank you very much for your all and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

With my best regards,
                                 Thang"

Thanks to those 해설사 for doing such a great job. I have uploaded some photos here for everyone to see, please feel free to click on them and download/see a larger version. Logan

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: